QUT Future Leaders
Congratulations to Adekemi Omomo for being accepted into the QUT Future Leaders Program for 2014. QUT Future Leaders is a unique program offering high-achieving students an opportunity to engage with QUT through a series of enrichment events during Years 11 and 12.
Throughout the program Adekemi will participate in a range of thought-provoking and challenging activities that will enhance her senior studies, put her in touch with like-minded students from other schools, and give her the confidence and inspiration to explore further opportunities available once she reaches university.
QUT Future Leaders will provide a broad selection of workshops and activities including:
- enrichment in specific subjects, with a strong emphasis on innovation and entrepreneurship
- study skills to enhance learning and academic abilities in senior years
- life skills such as networking, leadership, resilience, an awareness of social justice, and community engagement
To qualify for next year’s QUT Future Leaders program students:
- Need to be in Year 10 at the time of application
- In a leadership role within the year level and have demonstrated consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Have achieved an ‘A’ standard for at least 75% of Year 10 results
- Be able to attend a number of scheduled events set by the university
Congratulations to Adekemi, we wish her all the best in the program.