This state-wide competition celebrates STEM project work from all over Queensland. The competition complements our International Baccalaureate program in which individual student-directed scientific research is an integral component of the program.
The following QAHS students were officially recognised at the STAQ awards ceremony, placing their research projects as some of the very best in Queensland.
Rowe Encouragement Award – Awarded to students who judges specifically nominated for recognition of outstanding work.
- Garlok Lu (2021 graduate)
- Lily Brown (2021 graduate)
- Maya Bose (2021 graduate)
- Julie Yoon (Year 11 student)
- Samuel Brown (Year 11 student)
- Zahra Forbutt (Year 11 student)
STAQ place awards
- Zeinab Selman (2021 graduate) – 2nd place in the Scientific Investigations division.
- Shareefa Issa (2021 graduate) – 3rd place in the Scientific Investigations division.
- Gihansa Kottasha Vidhanelage (2021 graduate) - 3rd place in the Scientific Investigations division.
- Cici Zhou (2021 graduate) – Highly Commended in the Scientific Investigations division.
- Himath Bodhinaya (2021 graduate) – Highly Commended in the Environmental Action Project.
- Samantha Howe (Year 11 student) – 1st place in the Science and Engineering division.
- Samuel Brown (Year 11 student) – 3rd place in the Communicating Science division.
Congratulations to these students for their high-quality research and recognition at the end of 2021. It’s a great inspiration for our students at the beginning of a new year to gain recognition for their scientific research.
Teaching Faculty - Biology
HOD Science and Enrichment (Acting)