I am pleased to inform our Academy community that our local area councillor for Division 6, Councillor Brooke Patterson, is joining our School Council as one of two invited community members.
Councillor Patterson is a strategic thinker with a commitment to the growth and success of the City's education sector. She is an advocate for the City of Gold Coast's interests and its future leaders. In addition to her qualification as a company director, with financial services, compliance and fiduciary background, Councillor Patterson holds a range of diverse responsibilities across the City's education, health and arts sectors:
- Deputy Chair, Gold Coast City Council Governance Committee
- Board member, Study Gold Coast
- Council observer, HOTA
- Strategic Advisory Committee member, Gold Coast Health and Knowledge Precinct.
Welcome Councillor Patterson, we look forward to working with you for the future service and success of our QAHS learning community.
School Councils enable greater involvement of the school community in setting the strategic direction for the school. The functions of a school council are to:
- monitor the school's strategic direction
- approve plans and policies of the school of a strategic nature, or other documents affecting strategic matters including the annual estimate of revenue and expenditure for the school
- monitor the implementation of the plans, policies and other documents
- advise the school's principal about strategic matters.
2022 QAHS Council Members:
Parent representatives: Dr Cindy Jones and Mrs Mariacristina Saraceno
Staff representatives: Mr Sam Worboys (non-teaching) and Mr Dion Obst (teaching)
Student representatives: Miss Katya Gratchev and Master Samuel Brown
Invited members: Dr Kathy Mackey (Smithsonian Fellow) and Cr Brooke Patterson
Principal: Mrs Vanessa Rebgetz