Leadership Breakfast Term 2, 2016
Mrs Vicki Batten, CEO of Freedom, Social Justice and Growth Australia (FSG), provided an inspiring speech at our recent Leadership Breakfast, of how we can help those around us, one person at a time. She encouraged us to develop a sense of equality in our interactions (we are no better or no less than others) and to also develop growth in those we collaborate with.
Mrs Batten also has invited QAHS to establish partnerships with the FSG Hub in Southport, encouraging us to attend monthly Tuesday Social Justice meetings, and attend their ‘Innovation’ Dreammaker sessions.
Alyssa Einhorn, Year 10, entertained us with her original song ‘She was beautiful’ (which is soon to be recorded). She was accompanied by Samuel McMath (piano) and Madeline Smith (backing vocals).
Leadership Breakfasts allow us:
– To engage with community leaders and share their leadership journeys
– Be inspired by stories that encourage us to ‘Be the best version of ourselves’ now and in the future
– To develop our communication skills through engaging with guest speakers and our peers
– To network and establish connections with our school and greater community
– To demonstrate attributes of the IB Learner profile
I would like to thank our first round of Student Table Facilitators for encouraging their peers to network on their tables, and devise questions for our guest speaker.
I look forward to seeing you all at the next Leadership Breakfast in Term 3.
Ms Alita Blackmur
Acting HOD Student Services