Uniform and Dress Code
The Uniform and Appearance Policy reflects these principles:
Learning Respect Safety Belonging
We care about our school community and our image and reputation in it. Our reputation is smart, innovative, professional and aspires to be world class.
Every member of our Academy community must accept responsibility for our image and fostering a positive reputation in the corporate, and wider community.
Our uniform, how we wear it and conduct ourselves in public sends a very important message about our standards and values as individuals and as a learning community.
Our high standard of presentation and protocols associated with our uniform apply at all times when representing the Academy and includes attendance at off-campus activities and at participation in Griffith University programs.
Uniform Policy Details:
- Minimal jewelry should be worn for safety and hygiene reasons
- Religious symbols are acceptable
- Earrings should be simple studs or sleepers
- Visible jewelry in piercings, not in the ears, should be removed for school hours
- Hair should be less than shoulder length or be able to be tied back for practical work environments
- Hair should be well groomed and presentable as is suitable for a professional work environment
- Hair accessories in Academy colours are encouraged
- No make-up is encouraged for both sexes
All Uniform Items are to be purchased from the Uniform Shop, which is located on the lower level of the Information Services Centre.
Out of Uniform Policy and Procedures
In exceptional circumstances if a student is unable to wear the complete designated uniform they must report to Executive Services with written documentation from a parent/caregiver.
This will be monitored closely and non-compliance to these principles and protocols underpinning the guidelines will be referred to the Head of Department Student Services.