Well done Brendon
Congratulations Brendon Song who won the Queensland Senior Division Business Studies Prize of the 2014 Australian Economics and Business Studies Competition.
The Commerce and Economics Society of the University of New South Wales initiated the Economics and Business Studies Competition to assist the development of general and specific skills and knowledge related to Business and Economics. Specifically, the Competition aims to:
- Stimulate the teaching and learning of Economics and Business Studies at the high school level
- Foster and enhance students’ interests in the area of Economics and Business Studies
- Provide an opportunity for students to demonstrate their skills by participating in a national competition
- Encourage awareness of the current Economics, Business and Political environments
- Recognise and reward excellence in the fields of Economics and Business Studies
In each division (Year 11 and Year 12), awards are allocated on a state-wide basis as follows:
|High Distinction||–||top 5%|
|Distinction||–||next 15% (top 5-20%)|
|Credit||–||next 30% (top 20-50%)|
|Participation||–||for all other students|
All participating students receive a certificate signed by a representative from the University of New South Wales.
In addition, top students in each division receive monetary prizes.
State and national winners also receive engraved trophies.
Finally, to recognise exceptional students, the Medal of Excellence is awarded to students who attain a perfect score in either of the Competitions.
Other QAHS student results included 6 High Distinction, 21 Distinctions and 25 Credits. Congratulations to all students who competed for these outstanding results.
Mr Brett Hillman
Business & Management Teacher