Supporting student success
International Baccalaureate (IB) education is holistic in nature and encourages students to become active, compassionate life-long learners. To support student success there is a strong emphasis on student’s social, emotional and physical wellbeing, valuing our students as global learners. Support includes:
- Assisting students to identify and develop their character strengths, build positive relationships, enhance personal resilience and explore what it means to be a global citizen through the lens of the IB Leaner Profile.
- Assisting students in their development of a benefit mindset, that is using what they have learned to make a meaningful difference in other people’s lives through service leadership (CAS and Student Leadership Program).
- Employing evidence-based practise to explore what it means to be a global citizen
The Head of Global Learning inspires and nurtures the following areas:
- Student Support Services
- Student Welfare (Mentor Learning Communities)
- Mature and responsible student behaviour
- Creativity, Activity & Service (CAS)
- Student Leadership Capacity
- Enhancement Programs
- Homestay Program
- Students with Special Requirements
- Extra-Curricular Programs and Events