Outstanding school results (includes ATAR bonus points)
- 39.4% OP 1-2 equivalent; QTAC rank 99-97; IB eligible students
- 70.2% OP 1-5 equivalent; QTAC rank 99-92; IB eligible students
- 96.8% OP 1-10 equivalent; QTAC rank 99-80; IB eligible students
International Baccalaureate results
- 35.1 QAHS mean IB Diploma score
- 29.21 Global mean IB Diploma score
- 4 x IB44 Top scores
University outcomes and offers
Course credits achieved by our students:
- 657 - Griffith University
- 248 - The University of Queensland (UQ)
- 208 - Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
Outstanding student achievements
- Outstanding results in the CSIRO CREST Research Awards: 5 Gold, 13 Silver and 14 Bronze National Research Awards. Since the 1995 inception of the CREST program, more than a third of the National Gold Awards have been presented to QAHS students in the last nine years. A phenomenal achievement and recognition of how our students are challenging what is possible when students are supported to exceed their own expectations of themselves.
- Excellent 2018 Extended Essays also resulted in three student finalists for the BHP Billiton Science and Engineering Awards and the Intel Science & Engineering Fair USA.
- 100% of Year 10 students gained a Certificate III in Laboratory Techniques or Certificate III in Active Volunteering.
- Students have been made tertiary offers in Queensland, interstate and overseas.
Queensland Academies were created by Education Queensland as an innovative, alternative educational program for highly capable high school students. We are a selective State High School for Years 10-12.
- The Queensland Academies offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme which is an internationally recognised pre-university level qualification. It allows graduating students to study at Australian tertiary institutes as well as overseas universities.
- QAHS was the winning school in the Gold Coast Science Competition Senior School division for the eleventh year running.
- Student results included: 4 x 1st Place, 4 x 2nd Place, 4 x 3rd Place and 2 x Highly Commended.
- A number of students were judged award winners across a range of categories for their scientific and mathematical investigations work in the Science Teachers’ Association Queensland (STAQ) Science Competition with students awarded 1st Place in four categories. Students also a 2nd Place, four 3rd Place awards, three Highly Commendeds, two Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology bursaries and a Birdlife bursary.
- All Chemistry students took the Royal Australian Chemistry Institute (RACI) Chemistry Quiz resulting in 4 High Distinction Excellence, 43 High Distinctions, 44 Distinctions and 41 Credits.
- Four students were accepted into the National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) and attended the annual NYSF camp.
- A number of medals were won by students involved in Science Olympiads for Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Four students have been accepted into National level Biology and Chemistry Olympiads.
- One student was awarded the ICAS Science Competition Medal for being the top performer in Queensland.
- Success in the Language Perfect French (1-50 students category) saw students presented with Elite, Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards.
- Griffith University Modern Language Teachers Association of Queensland (MLTAQ) French ab initio/B results for QAHS: 1st Place.
- Students participated in the Griffith University Modern Language Teachers Association of Queensland Chinese Speaking Competition with students awarded 2 x 1st Place.
- Students participated in the Queensland University of Technology Mandarin Speaking Competition with 1 x 1st Place.
- One student was selected as Language Ambassador for the 2018 STEM Taiwan Student Exchange Program and two students were selected as Queensland-Quebec Student Exchange Ambassadors.
- All students sat the ICAS English Test achieving well above the national mean in every facet of the testing components with results including 4 High Distinctions, 25 Distinctions, 120 Credits and 37 Merit Awards.
- All students sat the Australian Mathematics Competition with 95% of students obtaining a proficiency level or better with 52 students obtaining a High Distinction or Distinction.
- Year 11 and 12 Business Management Students participated in the University of NSW Australian School of Business Economics and Business Studies Competition with results including 3 High Distinctions, 6 Distinctions and 26 Credits, as well as receiving, for the second year in a row, the Queensland State Winner Junior Division Trophy.
- Three students were awarded the Entrepreneurial Spirit Award in the Mayor’s Telstra Technology Awards at Bond University.
- QAHS was awarded 1st Place in the Gold Coast Debating Association Competition Intermediate A final and was also awarded, for the second successive year, “Most Successful School” for the highest average points across all teams in the competition.
- A number of students were successful in AMEB, eisteddfods, auditions and other performance events. A student was awarded the Gold Coast Airport Artistic Development Grant 2018.
- A number of students were selected for regional and state sporting teams achieving medals at state level in cross country, athletics, swimming, equestrian, soccer and AFL.
Creativity, activity, service (IB CAS)
- Students were engaged in a broad range of rich co-curricular programs including: The Kokoda Challenge, QUT Future Leaders, Interact, Model United Nations, Mooting, Duke of Edinburgh, United Nations Youth Forum, Gold Coast Junior Council, Homeless Connect.