QAHS has a unique relationship with Griffith University. We are co-located on the Gold Coast Campus which has led to the development of a range of relationships both formal and informal.
QAHS is part of the Griffith University Valued Partners Program.
QAHS has also worked with Griffith University to enable students to gain credit for approved International Baccalaureate course options.
Credit option 1
Completion of Chemistry HL and Biology HL at QAHS gives credit for four of the eight Griffith Health Foundation Year courses. Foundation Year consists of eight common first year courses that provide the core knowledge required to progress to second year of many Health degrees.
NOTE: Not all Griffith Health programs use all eight foundation year courses – refer to the Griffith Health Foundation Year website for specific details for each program:
The following programs use some, or all, of the eight foundation year courses:
- Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Exercise Science/Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Exercise Science/Business (Sport Management)
- Bachelor of Exercise Science (Pre-Physiotherapy)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (MBBS provisional entry for school leavers)
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) Accelerated
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Science
- Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Technology
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
Credit option 2
Students who complete Chemistry HL and Biology HL and the Griffith Health Studies Certificate will be eligible to receive 80CP of credit (equivalent ,to one standard year of study), made up of 70CP for seven of the eight foundation year courses, plus 10CP for an elective course.